1. What might serve as the best reminder that your needs have to be addressed first so that all the rest will work?
2. How are you being called to be? How does it balance what people are asking you to do? How do you honor your calling?
3. How does the hummingbird know what flower to go to?
4. How do you remember that it’s right for you to let other people take care of those things?
5. What do you want other people to expect of you, or how do you want to be seen so that your gifts can be manifest?
6. How do you keep present, remember, that just because you have energy that others want, you don’t have to solve their problem?
–from a Clearness Committee at Quaker Meeting
“Peace is a natural innate state of mind waiting for us to come back to it. Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued is always just beyond our grasp, but which if you sit down quietly, may alight upon you.”
I wrote these out and drew a hummingbird at the top of the page for an exhibit called “Working Drawing”. I have this page by my meditation cushion and read it most mornings as part of the meditation.